The NGO Delegation to the UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board (PCB) is one of the oldest manifestations of the GIPA principle. Known as “the backbone of the NGO Delegation”, the mission of the Communication and Consultation Facility (CCF) is to bring forward the perspectives and expertise of people living with, affected by, most at risk of and vulnerable to HIV, as well as civil society, to ensure that UNAIDS is guided by a rights-based, equitable and gender-sensitive approach to guarantee access to comprehensive HIV prevention, treatment, care and support for all.
The CCF manager will be responsible for overall CCF work management and coordination, primarily liaising with the NGO Delegation on development and implementation of the Delegation annual work plans, ensuring a wider civil society input into the work of the Delegation, particularly PCB programme and policy decisions, and provide other technical support as needed (e.g. drafting of background documents, policy analysis, etc .), management of administration and logistical matters of the Delegation and CCF staff.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Coordination of delegate participation in PCB meetings and provision of technical and programme support to the Delegation
- Management of the logistics of the recruitment and orientation process for new delegates
- Technical assistance in policy analysis and advocacy on key global HIV policy issues
- Facilitation of wide constituency and civil society engagement in PCB processes and activities, including policy consultations
- Coordination of the NGO Delegation communiques and annual report
- Support provision and monitoring of Delegation work plans
- Development and monitoring implementation of new Strategic Communication Plan
- Liaison with UNAIDS Secretariat, Member States, Cosponsors, civil society constituencies and other relevant external bodies
- Delivery of external communications and provision of IT and telecommunications support
- Supervision of CCF Programme Assistant
- Recruitment, contract management and supervision of external technical experts and consultants as needed
- Coordination of travel arrangements and logistics for the CCF for PCB, AIDS 2022 and other meetings as needed
- Contractual reporting to UNAIDS